If your love LEGO, traveling, and / or Italy, you’ll want to get this set when it’s released on Black Friday (Nov. 27th). Consisting of a massive 9,036 pieces, the Colosseum (10276) is the largest LEGO brick set launched to date and mimics the incredible architecture of the original Roman amphitheater right down to the small details, including the three levels of the original adorned with the columns of the Doric, Ionic as well as Corinthian orders. Read more for two videos, including a review / speed build, additional pictures and information.
Just about every detail of the set has been recreated, including the 80 ‘ribs’ found in the spectator stands and three different shades of brick to replicate the different columns, complete with an oval base for 360° viewing from any angle. The side that has been destroyed by various earthquakes and natural disasters over the years and the more complete northern wall, can all be viewed when completed. One caveat: the largest LEGO set ever comes with a fitting price tag of $549.99 USD.
- This LEGO Architecture display model of The White House 21054 beautifully captures the neoclassical design and splendor of this world-famous residence occupied by every United States president since the 1800s
- Enjoy this LEGO building set for adults, featuring details like the Executive Residence, West Wing, East Wing and connecting colonnades of The White House, plus the Rose Garden and Jacqueline Kennedy Garden
- The model can easily be divided into 3 sections for closer inspection of the architectural details; It also has a LEGO brick inscribed ‘The White House’ to complete a conversation-starting display piece
- If you’ve been to or dream of visiting The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC, or you just love travel, architecture, history and design, this is the creative building kit for you
- Measuring 4” (11cm) high, 18” (47cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep, this buildable LEGO Architecture model is a super display item for your home or office. It's also makes the best gift for creative friends
One of the biggest challenges and one of the most important things was to convey the Colosseum’s monumentality in the LEGO form. I felt that the LEGO model should display a special architectural feature of the original – the rows of columns flanking the arches in different styles. To achieve that, the model is constructed using an effect of vertical exaggeration. The cross-section is therefore far steeper than on the real structure. Hopefully, people will be inspired to learn more about the original through the experience of building the LEGO model,” said Rok Zgalin Kobe who designed the set.
- The striking LEGO Architecture model of Tokyo's distinctive skyline features authentically detailed models of iconic buildings and landmarks, and is a stunning display model for the home or office
- This collectible build-and-display set features buildable models of the Tokyo Tower, Mode Gakuen Cocoon Tower, Tokyo Big Sight, TOKYO SKYTREE, Chidorigafuchi Park, Shibuya Crossing and more!
- This authentically detailed set includes a Tokyo nameplate and a booklet with information about Tokyo and the model's designer (English language only; other languages can be downloaded at LEGO.com/architecture.)
- Even new LEGO architects can enjoy this easy-to-build architecture model kit, and it makes a cool creative Japanese-themed gift for adults ages 16+ who are interested in Tokyo
- This buildable skyline measures over 11” (28cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep, so you don't need a lot of space to display it, but its vibrant colors and authentic details will catch the eye of every passerby!