Photo credit: VJ Gamer
LEGO Mario is coming in a few weeks, but the company may have something else up their sleeve, or so we think after seeing these leaked images from VJ Gamer. Apparently, they’ll also be releasing a Nintendo Entertainment System console set on that same day, complete with a vintage television that plays the original Super Mario Bros. game. Read more for a video of a fan-made version from last year, additional pictures and information.
What you’re looking at above is a fan-made version from brick master Brandon Jones. His version uses a motor to cycle through World 1-1 rather than have a hand crank used in the rumored official set. If this isn’t an elaborate prank, expect the official set to hit stores on August 1, priced at $230 USD.
- Fans can begin exploring the fun-packed LEGO Super Mario universe with this Adventures with Mario Starter Course 71360, featuring 7 action bricks for different interactions with the LEGO Mario figure
- LEGO Mario has a color sensor, plus LCD screens in his eyes, mouth and belly to display over 100 different instant reactions to movement; Also included is a speaker that plays iconic sounds and music from the video game
- In this super toy playset, LEGO Mario collects virtual coins as he runs and jumps from the Start Pipe to the Goal Pole via LEGO bricks, cloud platforms, the Question Mark Block and clashes with the Goomba figure and Bowser Jr
- This 231-piece, collectible LEGO toy playset makes a cool birthday or holiday gift for kids aged 6+ who can build and play their own way and learn to solve problems while having lots of creative fun
- Rearrange the Starter Course and combine with LEGO Super Mario Expansion Sets to create more challenging levels and games to play with and against friends
Are you ready to play like never before? pic.twitter.com/XuNFD7rP0B
— LEGO (@LEGO_Group) July 13, 2020