No, this isn’t a joke, but a real smartphone with a camera that has a functional lens cap. The Japan-exclusive Leica Leitz Phone 1 is the camera maker’s first smartphone, offering a 6.6-inch IGZO OLED screen (2730 x 1260 resolution) with a 240Hz variable refresh rate, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor, 12GB of RAM, 256GB of internal storage, microSD expansion, a rear 1-inch 20MP f/1.9 main camera and a front-facing 12.6MP selfie camera. Read more for a short hands-on video and additional information.
Other features include a hefty 5,000mAh battery, similar to the one found in the Sharp Aquos R6, IP68 water / dust resistance rating, and a special version of Android 11 using a customized UI by Leica. Plus, there’s a dedicated camera app with a Leitz Looks mode for black-and-white photos. Happen to be in Japan next month for the Tokyo Olympics? Stop by a Softbank store to get a Leica Leitz Phone 1 for around $1700 USD.
- Long-Lasting Power – Defeat battery anxiety with Nord N100’s massive 5000mAh battery, which keeps you powered all day long
- Large Storage, Large Performance – Packed with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of built-in storage, Nord N100 has all the performance and storage needed to keep you entertained. Need more storage? Expand it up to 512GB
- Massive Screen for Massive Entertainment – Immerse yourself into your favorite movies, TV shows, and video games with Nord N100’s massive 6.52” screen
- Triple Camera System – Equipped with a 13MP main camera, a macro lens, and a specialized camera for portrait photos, Nord N100 makes it easy to capture every moment
- Dual Stereo Speakers – Experience clear and immersive sound with stereo audio coming from both sides of Nord N100