Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
China-based Lens Technology (Changsha) Co. Ltd may be working on a smartphone with an octa rear camera setup. The company registered a design patent that was approved on October 2, 2020 and also included in the WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) database for worldwide protection of the design. A full-screen screen smartphone with a notchless display is seen in the patent sketches, along with a physical bottom at the bottom. Read more for another picture and additional information.
What really sets this apart from other smartphones is its rear camera setup, which features two sensors placed at each corner, with what appears to be a flash in between them. This isn’t the first time a company decided to take mobile photography to the next level, as LG has a smartphone design packed with 16 cameras, but not in this configuration. Other specifications are unknown at this time, but we do see a USB-C port, along with the physical bottom at the bottom.
- Introducing the new A Series: The features you’ve been waiting for in your unlocked cell phone. Take crisp pics with the 48MP quad camera. Immerse yourself in a spacious high definition screen, powered by a long-lasting, fast charging battery
- Unlocked by Samsung: Pick more than just your new cell phone. With your unlocked device, choose your preferred carrier, data plan, services, features and apps, and get your phone exactly how you want it
- Crisp. Colorful. Captivating. Dive into edge-to-edge color with an expansive 6. 5” Infinity-O Display featuring a Super AMOLED screen that brings cinematic clarity right to your fingertips
- Pro-grade shots in just a snap: From epic landscape shots and dramatic portraits, to macro angles that reveal intricate textures and detail, this impressive quad camera has a lens for whatever inspires you
- Smooth, stable shots: Take remarkably smooth video of fast-moving action in crisp, UHD quality. Its top-notch stability makes photos and videos look super smooth with minimal blur