LG Display is set to showcase the world’s first 48-inch Bendable Cinematic Sound OLED (CSO) optimized for gaming at CES 2021, a virtual event that begins on January 11. This paper-thin display bends and unfolds with a curvature radius of up to 1,000R, all without affecting the function of the panel. This means that you can transform it into a flat screen while watching TV and utilize it as a curved screen for gaming sessions. Read more for a video explaining the technology and additional information.
Its unique curvature offers a uniform viewing distance from the middle of the screen to its edge, thus maximizing the immersiveness that gamers want. Plus, the CSO technology enables OLED displays to vibrate and make their own sound without using any speakers, offering an even more vivid sense of reality. The display’s ultra slim film exciter, which is the section that vibrates the display, has been reduced to a thickness of only 0.6mm (down from 9mm), thus allowing viewers to enjoy a slimmer screen as well as highly impressive sound.
- REAL 4K DISPLAY: Enjoy 4K resolution for your 4K movies and shows. Its clarity in every moment, with pristine color, light and detail.
- Inputs & Outputs: 3 HDMI ports, 1 Ethernet port, 2 USB Ports (v 2.0), 1 Digital Audio Output (Optical), 1 Composite Input (AV),
- Dimensions with Stand (WxHxD): 44.5" x 28.3" x 9.3"; With stand weight: 25.4 pounds; Without stand dimensions (WxHxD): 44.5" x 26.1" x 3.4"; Without stand weight: 24.9 pounds
- QUAD CORE PROCESSOR 4K: Instant and intelligent. Our Quad Core Processor paints images, action, and color in the best possible light from source to screen.
- Webs AND MAGIC REMOTE: LG's fan-favorite webOS platform makes it surprisingly fast and easy to stream movies and shows with your favorite apps and find new obsessions based on what you like. While our Magic Remote lives up to its name with voice and motion control — just speak or simply point, scroll and click.
LG Display’s 48-inch Bendable CSO display is optimized for gaming as it maximizes the use of advanced technology that produces another level in terms of providing an immersive experience. In other words, it offers the very best gaming environment to gamers,” said Dr. Chang-ho Oh, Executive Vice President & Head of the TV Business Unit at LG Display.