CES 2021 is finally here and LG kicked things off with their keynote, which included many new products, including a rollable smartphone. Called the LG Rollable, it’s part of the company’s “Explorer Project,” an initiative that aims to showcase unexplored usability experiences. The LG Wing with a swiveling display was the first device in the project, which means there’s a good chance that the Rollable makes it to production form sooner than later. Read more for a video.
There were no specifications revealed, but as you can see in the teasers above, the screen expands and contracts on demand, similar to their rollable OLED televisions. If this device looks familiar, it’s because Oppo revealed their own rollable mobile phone back in November, while Samsung is rumored to also be working on one.
- Pro-Grade Camera: The new Samsung Galaxy S20 FE mobile phone features high-powered pro lenses for beautiful portraits, stunning landscapes and crisp close-ups in any light with its 3X optical zoom
- 30X Space Zoom: Whether you want your cellphone to zoom in close from afar or magnify details of something nearby, 30X Space Zoom gives you the power to get closer
- Night Mode: Capture crisp images and vibrant video with Night Mode and create high-quality content in low light no flash required with this smartphone
- Single-Take AI: One tap of the screen captures multiple images and video all at once; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; More sharing, more gaming, more experiences and never miss a beat