There have been several GTA V mods released over the years that make the game more realistic, but none have even come close to photorealism.. Researchers Stephan R. Richter, Hassan Abu AlHaija and Vladlen Koltun might have the solution for that…machine learning. They managed to enhance the game by a convolutional network trained using a novel adversarial objective, which provides strong supervision at multiple perceptual levels. Read more for a video and additional information.
The team analyzed scene layout distributions in commonly used datasets and find that they differ in important ways and then proposed a new strategy for sampling image patches during training. Multiple architectural improvements were also introduced in the deep network modules used for photorealism enhancement. When can we see something like this in the real world? Possibly in the very near future.
- Handheld Nintendo Switch gaming at a great price
- For every member of your family, there’s a member of ours
- Optimized for personal, handheld play, Nintendo Switch Lite is a small and light Nintendo Switch system
- Features a sleek, unibody design with fully integrated controls and a built-in plus Control Pad
- Compatible with all physical and digital Nintendo Switch games that support Handheld mode