Have you always wanted to design your very own Hot Wheels diecast toy? Well, now you can, thanks to a collaboration between Mattel, Inc. and Milestone, a leading global racing game developer. Called Hot Wheels Unleashed Design Battle, this worldwide contest runs between January 14, 2022 – February 14, 2022 and is available starting from today on the PlayStation 4 / 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One X, Xbox One and Steam. Read more for a video and additional information.
Simply put, participants are tasked with designing a livery for the Hot Wheels Rodger Dodger die-cast model using the in-game Livery Editor. The winning entry will be transformed into a real-life Hot Wheels toy (scale 1:64) available for purchase globally beginning in December 2022. If you already have Hot Wheels Unleashed, simply access the Livery Editor menu to take part in the Design Battle.
- Experience the iconic Mario Kart Rainbow Road course in the real world with the Hot Wheels Mario Kart Rainbow Road Raceway track set!
- The rainbow-colored course reaches 8 feet long and 24 inches high for maximum thrills and has lights and sounds for a big impression!
- Two different layouts -straight or curved -create different races, controlled with an electronic start and a finish gate that displays the winner!
- The track set features a spinning Block Item Box randomizer with pop-up features, 3D sculpted figures and decorations that add to the thrills!
- Check out the parking spaces located in the support pillars of the playset for easy storage!
To inspire the community’s creativity, international artists Van Orton Design and Oskunk designed their own unique Rodger Dodger vehicles in the game,” according to the press release.