The all-new 2022 McLaren Artura may not be the company’s first plug-in hybrid supercar, but it’s most certainly the first to be built on the McLaren Carbon Lightweight Architecture (MCLA). At 3,303-pounds, it’s powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.0L V6 generating 577 hp and 431 lb-ft of torque, paired with an electric motor nestled within the transmission bell housing that produces 94 hp and 166 lb-ft of torque, for a combined output of 671 hp and 593 lb-ft of torque. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
This means that the Artura is capable of accelerating from 0-62 mph in a mere 3.0 seconds, while topping out an electronically limited 205 mph. It has a pure electric driving range of 19 miles with plug-in capability for its five lithium-ion based modules with a combined capacity of 7.4 kilowatt-hours. Owners can use a standard EVSE charger to power the vehicle from 0-80 percent in just 2.5.hours. Best of all, the Artura is priced from $225,000 USD.
- A stunning build for supercar fans, the LEGO Technic McLaren Senna GTR 42123 model building kit is packed with realistic details inspired by the iconic original
- Check out this supercar toy model’s authentic features, like the detailed V8 engine with moving pistons and dihedral doors that open ‘up and out' in the unmistakable style of the real McLaren
- Enjoy steering the McLaren toy car using the wheel on top
- This set makes a great choice for kids aged 10 and up who’d love to build and display their own McLaren race car
- This awesome track-focused supercar toy model looks great on display and is sure to capture the imagination of any kid or adult with a passion for supercars, motorsport and McLaren
Every drop of McLaren’s experience and expertise has been poured into the Artura. Our all-new, High-Performance Hybrid delivers all of the performance, driver engagement and dynamic excellence for which McLaren is renowned, with the additional benefit of EV driving capability. The introduction of the Artura is a landmark moment – for McLaren, for our customers who will appreciate and enjoy this car on every emotional and rational level, and for the supercar world,” said Mike Flewitt, CEO, McLaren Automotive.