Engineered Arts in the UK designed their robots with mechanics that closely mimic human anatomy, which means that it could either be the creepiest or coolest thing you see today. Cleo has a neck with vertebrae that curls and twists, while powerful, silent, high torque motors animate the robot. Employing high-tech integrated controllers, every motor has full control of speed, acceleration, torque and position. Read more to see their latest robot in-action.
What is Mesmer? It’s basically a system for building lifelike humanoid robots, including the Hardware (motors, electronics and connectors), Sensors (cameras, depth sensors, LIDAR, nicrophones), Firmware (motor control for speed, position and torque), and Software (controlling aimation, interaction, audio and lighting). All of these were developed from the ground up by the team at Engineered Arts specifically for humanoid robots, so everything fits and works together in perfect harmony.
- With LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor (51515), kids gain essential STEM skills as they build, code and play with remote-control model robots and intelligent creations that shoot missiles, play ball, drive around and more!
- Kids build Charlie, Tricky, Blast, M.V.P. and Gelo, and take on activities and missions using the Scratch-based LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor App (visit LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible devices)
- With almost 1,000 pieces, including an intelligent Hub, 4 Medium Motors, Color Sensor and Distance Sensor with break-out interface, youngsters can also build their own fun robotic toys and share them online on LEGO Life
- An easy-to-install rechargeable battery is included, so no need to go hunting for spare batteries when the fun’s about to start
- Blast stands at over 14” (36cm) tall, while Gelo measures over 9” (24cm) long; The Powered Up components in this set are also compatible with the LEGO BOOST Creative Toolbox (17101), Droid Commander (75253) and others
Mesmer’s Virtual Robot software hands control to the artists and creatives. An accurate 3D model that lives in your browser, mimics the capabilities of your real robot. This coupled with human-friendly animation tools, including keyframes, drag and drop movement and instant playback. No more plotting points on a graph, or having your vision poorly executed by a technician. Once you’re happy with your work, instantly transfer to the robot, whether you are in the same room or the other side of the world. With Mesmer’s Virtual Robot, if you can dream it, you can create it,” said the company.