A young couple from Lithuania have been fascinated with the Ferrari LaFerrari ever since it was introduced in 2013, but since then, its price tag has only skyrocketed. So, they decided to sculpt their own life-sized replica using snow, complete with red paint and other iconic touches. How long did it take? Just two-days with household tools, including a spatula and environmentally friendly paint. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a mild-hybrid powertrain like its real-life counterpart. Read more for a video and additional information.
The real Ferrari LaFerrari is powered by a 6.3L F140FE V12 engine generating 789 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque, paired with a 161 hp KERS unit, for a combined output 950 hp, mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. What could be next for the snow version? Possibly an interior, complete with paddle-shifters affixed to the steering column, two seats, and a 12.3-inch TFT panel.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide
The Ferrari is a real size, made to the dimensions of the original Ferrari LaFerrari. We decided that if you can’t buy it – you can build it yourself! Now no one can deny that a Ferrari is standing in our yard,” said Donata Bugiene.