Elon Musk firmly believes in Carl Sagan’s vision that humans should eventually colonize another planet to avoid another major extinction event. To be more specific, Sagan once said that we “live in the middle of a shooting gallery with thousands of asteroids in our path that we haven’t even discovered yet. So, let’s be at least a two-planet species, as a backup plan.” Michio Kaku agrees with Musk’s plan of becoming a two-planet species. Read more for a video of the interview and additional information.
Elon Musk aims to put up at least a million colonists on the Red Planet using Starship rockets financed by a combination of public and private funding. Kaku says that instead of humans, it would be more efficient to send robots to Mars and utilize resources already present in the planet to build shelters and habitats for humans. Using just a single self-replicating robot, you could then get two, four, eight, etc., until you have an army of them that can build full cities on Mars.
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module; Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands; The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39-inches (100cm) high and 6-inches (17cm) in diameter; It includes 1,969 pieces and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older