Photo credit: Lu Yin
University of California San Diego nanoengineers have developed a “wearable microgrid” suit that not only harvests energy, but stores it as well, from the human body to power small electronics. The system basically consists of three main parts: sweat-powered biofuel cells, motion-powered devices (triboelectric generators), and energy-storing supercapacitors. These parts are all flexible, washable and can be screen printed directly onto clothing. Read more for a video and additional information.
Each of these parts are screen printed onto a shirt and then placed in a way that optimizes the amount of energy collected. The biofuel cells that harvest energy from sweat are nestled inside the shirt’s chest area, while the devices that convert energy from movement into electricity, called triboelectric generators, are located on the forearms and sides of the torso near the waist. Supercapacitors found outside the shirt on the chest temporarily store energy from both devices and then discharge it to power small electronics, like wristwatches.
- 【𝟒 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐬 𝐒𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐀𝐠𝐞𝐬】This smart robot named Carle can be controlled by remote controller, phone APP, voice command and gravity sensor easily, so kids can choose the proper control method per their age levels, current ability or favourite. Carle will become your kids’ funny friend and a good companion in their childhood. (suitable for 3+ years old)
- 【𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐬 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞】APP control supports Max. 102 actions in one program and total 58 types of actions can be freely selected, they can be saved and replayed when necessary; for remote controller 50 actions in one program and 26 different actions selected; so children can widely create the programs to develop their innovation, patience, concentration and logical sense.
- 【𝐌𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐧】The talking robot can function as Bluetooth speaker to broadcast unlimited stories and songs when connecting your phone; summarily he can tell stories, sing songs, dance, do gymnastics, walk, slide, record and broadcast the messages, etc, help kids learn and expand their knowledge in the funny way without any boring.
- 【𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲】LED face can vary in different Emoji to express his feelings; 9 flexible joints combined with 9 powerful motors ensure the robot conducts complicated actions smoothly; and this interactive robot will response when touching his head; all of these simulate human performance well and promote the interaction with children.
- 【𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐝𝐬】Our toy robot passed FCC and CPC certificate is safe and qualified for children; the big size (15.8x11x4.7 inches) , strong functions and luxurious package will be more attractive than others. Carle is one of the best robots for kids and will be an amazing gift for your kids on birthday, Christmas and big surprise.
We’re applying the concept of the microgrid to create wearable systems that are powered sustainably, reliably and independently. Just like a city microgrid integrates a variety of local, renewable power sources like wind and solar, a wearable microgrid integrates devices that locally harvest energy from different parts of the body, like sweat and movement, while containing energy storage,” said co-first author Lu Yin, a nanoengineering Ph.D. student at the UC San Diego Jacobs School of Engineering.