Microsoft collaborated with the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sport on Ancient Olympia: Common Grounds, a project that aims to digitally preserve as well as restore ancient Olympia using artificial intelligence. This digital recreation enables viewers from around the world to explore ancient Olympia as it stood over 2,000 years ago through an immersive experience using a free interactive mobile app, web-based desktop experience, or a Microsoft HoloLens 2 exhibition at the Athens Olympic Museum. Read more for a video and additional information.
This project encompasses 27 monuments, including the original Olympic Stadium, the temples of Zeus and Hera, as well as the workshop of the legendary sculptor Phidias. When users switch to the 3D experience, these buildings are recreated in lifelike detail, thanks to data gathered by the Hellenic Ministry’s expert archaeologists. These take into account the site’s changes over time and depictions of artifacts from each period.
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers desktop-class performance and amazing battery life in a slim notebook. With Precision Boost, get up to 3.5GHz for your high-demand applications
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning 15.6" Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer's Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
With the digital representation of the Panhellenic sanctuary of Ancient Olympia, its cultural heritage — but also the values of Olympism, peace, harmony, excellence and noble rivalry — becomes accessible to the whole world through the use of state-of-the-art technology. The digital preservation project, through the use of artificial intelligence and augmented reality technologies, implemented through the cultural sponsorship of Microsoft, promotes and highlights the unique and emblematic archaeological site of Ancient Olympia,” said Lina Mendoni, Hellenic Republic Minister of Culture and Sports.