Photo credit: Yang Gu-Rum
No, we’re not talking about the touchscreen-based personal computers and interactive whiteboards from Microsoft, but a fully autonomous vehicle that would be a perfect Apple competitor when they get their own car into production with either Hyundai or Kia. Designer Yang Gu-Rum previews what a Microsoft Surface Car would look like, or at least the exterior. Sticking with a minimalist approach, there are LED light bars both up front and in the rear, while a small Windows logo lights up the grille. Read more for additional pictures.
We can only imagine what the interior looks like, but one thing is for sure, the touchscreen infotainment system will definitely be running some form of Windows, complete with a self-driving Cortana AI system in place. There appears to be only two doors, so if there are four seats, the rear passengers may have to fold down the front ones to access the seating area.
- Starting at just 1.2 pounds (not including Type Cover), with new 10.5” touchscreen.
- Battery life up to 10 hours. Perfect for browsing, shopping, emails, and homework
- Tablet portability, performance and laptop versatility with adjustable Kickstand and Signature Type Cover.
- Stay connected with included USB-C port and headphone jack. Full HD front- and rear-facing cameras let you make crisp, clear calls to friends and family, or take and share great photos.
- Hi-res touchscreen is perfect for browsing, playing, and binge watching.