Microsoft previously said that its dual-screen Android phone ‘Surface Duo’ is coming Holiday 2020, but the device may launch sooner than later, as more employees in the US and Canada have received prototype units. Twitter user Israel Rodriguez just so happened to catch a Microsoft employee using the Surface Duo in the wild during a trip on Vancouver’s public transit system. Read more for the video and additional information.
From what we can make it, the dual-screen Surface Duo appears to be running a customized version of Android with Microsoft Launcher. If you look even closer, there seems to be a front-facing flash, which means that you probably won’t find a dedicated camera on the backside. Best of all, you should be able to use two apps simultaneously side-by-side.
- A best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet
- More power now with the new 8th Generation Intel Core Processor
- Ultra slim and light, starting at just 1.7 pounds. TPM 2.0 chip for enterprise security
- All day battery life, with upto 13.5 hours of video playback
- Surface Pro type cover has a new improved design with slightly spread out keys for a more familiar and efficient typing experience that feels like a traditional laptop; The two button trackpad is now larger for precision control and navigation