Microsoft’s Windows 95 is the successor to Windows 3.1x and was released to manufacturing on August 15, 1995, and hit stores on August 24, 1995. It boasted an updated graphical user interface (GUI), complete with simplified “plug-and-play” features. Three years later, it was succeeded by Windows 98, but for anyone who has wondered just what this operating system would look like on a smartphone, this should answer that question. Read more for a video and additional information.
The team at 4096 created a Windows 95-powered smartphone of sorts that includes classic-looking icons, such as “Internet Mail,” “Internet News,” “Audio Player” and just “The Internet.” You’ll also see a classic version of Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer. According to Steven Sinofsky, former president of Microsoft’s Windows Division, the Windows team already made this a reality in 2011 when they made an early Windows phone running the full Windows desktop.
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging. Bluetooth : Bluetooth 5.0
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light Surface Pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All-day battery life up to 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80% in just over an hour
- Clean, elegant design — thin and light, starting at just 2.79 pounds, Surface Laptop 3 is easy to carry
- Choose from rich tone-on-tone color combinations: new Sandstone, plus Matte Black, Cobalt Blue, and Platinum
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest processors – Surface Laptop 3 is up to two times faster than Surface Laptop 2
- More ways to connect, with USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- All-day power on the go, with up to 11.5 hours of battery life, Plus standby time when you’re away. Go from empty to a full battery with fast charging- up to 80% in about 1 hour