Alvaro Gracia Montoya is a 3D animator known on YouTube as MetaBallStudios who specializes in space-themed features, and his latest project focuses on the many moons in our solar system. They’re are at least 219 known natural satellites, or moons, with 19 of them are large enough to be gravitationally rounded. All of these are covered by a crust of ice except for Earth’s Moon and Io. Read more for a video and additional information.
Many of the largest ones are in hydrostatic equilibrium and would therefore be considered dwarf planets or planets if they were actually in direct orbit around the Sun and not orbiting planets or dwarf planets. These moons can be placed in in two separate categories according to their orbits: regular moons, which have prograde orbits, and irregular moons, whose orbits can be pro- or retrograde.
- Build a large multi-stage rocket and opening launch control tower with interactive play experience, plus a monorail system to transport astronauts from the tower to the training grounds and rocket!
- Includes 6 LEGO City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director, ground crew technician and a robot figure, plus a space telescope, rover with articulated arm and a launchpad
- Rocket standing measures over 16-inch (42cm) high, 4-inch (11cm) wide and 2-inch (6cm) deep Launch Control closed measures over 7-inch (18cm) high, 5-inch (13cm) wide and 5-inch (13cm) deep Launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9-inch (24cm) high, 4-inch (12cm) wide and 4-inch (12cm) deep Monorail track measures over 3-inch (8cm) high,14-inch (36cm) long and 18-inch (47cm) wide
- 837 pieces – Inspired by NASA astronaut toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control 60228 NASA-inspired gift set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for more creative play