NASA’s Ingenuity Mars helicopter has successfully completed its seventh flight and second within its operations demo phase. It flew for approximately 62.8 seconds and traveled 348-feet south to a new landing spot, snapping several black-and-white navigation photos during flight. The original plan was to retire Ingenuity at the end of April by flying it so high and far that it would crash, but after several successful flights, the plan has changed. Read more for a video and additional information.
Fortunately, there were no mishaps during this flight, unlike the previous one where a part of Ingenuity’s navigation started to glitch, causing the 4-pound aircraft started to move erratically around in mid-air before landing slightly little off-target from its expected destination. How many more flights can we expect? As many as possible, or at least until Ingenuity gives out.
- 【Easy to Assemble & Control 】: Equipped 2 different helicopter shells to choose different shells as you like, easy to assemble. This 2.4GHz RC Helicopter is equipped with the latest Gyroscope technology and automatic pair. Turn on the RC helicopters power switch then turn on the remote, and when you hear one beep that is automatic pair success. Ideal for beginners, advanced, and professionals.
- 【One Key Take-Off/Landing】: The RC helicopter with Altitude Hold function. Under these functions that the RC helicopter can keep a hovering height. It is easy to operate for kids and beginners. Equipped with a 2.4GHz remote control system what it does is that it can offer a stable signal and it has a non-jamming function. It can prevent signal interference when multiple helicopters playing at the same time.
- 【2 Modular Batteries】: Equipped the newest Modular Battery, that is different from other helicopter batteries. You can enjoy the fun of driving for about 20+ mins a time (10+ min for each battery) with this remote control Helicopter which is longer than other RC Helicopter. The USB cable provides more convenience for charging.
- 【Perfect Flying Performance】: RC helicopter flying in 2 speed that High & Low, features bright LED to fly in low light. The control distance is about 50 meters (no interference and occlusion and depends on playing operations). Amazing Technology in the palm of your hand, and for more indoor games fun.
- 【Kid Safe and Durable Helicopters】: This RC helicopter is built with a metal body, the child-friendly flying toy features flexible blades for increased safety and durability. Perfect indoor flying toy is a must-have for boys, girls, and RC helicopter-lovers! Perfect for Birthdays, Christmas, or any other holidays!
With each flight we gain additional real world info on the performance of the rotor and its thermal characteristics, which allows us to incrementally increase allowable flight times,” said NASA.