Photo credit: Enhanced image by Gerald Eichstädt and Sean Doran (CC BY-NC-SA) based on images provided courtesy of NASA/JPL-Caltech/SwRI/MSSS
NASA’s Juno spacecraft has captured an amazing photo of Jupiter’s dynamic surface, or to be more specific, a multitude of swirling clouds in the planet’s dynamic North North Temperate Belt with several bright-white “pop-up” clouds as well as an anticyclonic storm, known as a white oval. Two citizen scientists composited the photograph using data from the spacecraft’s JunoCam imager, and an anticyclonic storm, known as a white oval, can also be seen in the image. Read more for more stunning scenes from JunoCam and additional information.
The color-enhanced image you see above was taken at 4:58 p.m. EDT on Oct. 29, 2018, as the spacecraft performed its 16th close flyby of Jupiter. At the time, the Juno spacecraft was approximately 4,400 miles from the planet’s cloud tops, at a latitude of approximately 40° north.
- Bring to life the rocket launch that took humans to the moon with the meter-high (approximately 1: 110 scale) model rocket of the NASA Apollo Saturn V. This space toy with astronaut figures lets you role play the many missions the Saturn V completed.
- The Saturn V rocket kit includes 3 removable rocket stages (first, s-ii second, and s-ivb third) below the launch escape system, command and service module. Plus, there are 2 minifigures to accompany the Lunar Lander and splashdown rocket toy.
- After building the Saturn V rocket, you can display the spacecraft horizontally with 3 stands. The Lunar Lander docks with the command and service modules while the Lunar Orbiter sends the rocket into space.
- Recreate space adventures with this NASA toy and action figures based off of the included booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this build and play set
- This spaceship toy measures over 39-inches (100 centimeter) high and 6-inches (17 centimeter) in diameter. It includes 1,969 pieces and is ideal for boys and girls 14 years or older.