Elder Fox Documentaries may not be synonymous with Mars or NASA, but that didn’t stop them from turning NASA rover footage of Mars into a stunning 4K video. Simply put, this compilation consists of dozens of exposures taken by a camera on the rovers’ robotic arms. NASA then digitally removes the arm from each image before they are stitched together, thus providing the engineers with a clear view of Curiosity to see if it is operating properly. Read more for the video and additional information.
Curiosity’s MastCam system provides multiple spectra and true-color imaging with two cameras, both of which can take true-color images at 1600×1200 pixels and up to 10 frames per second hardware-compressed video at 720p (1280×720). Each camera comes equipped with 8GB of flash memory and can apply real-time lossless data compression. An autofocus function allows them to focus on objects from 2.1 m (6 ft 11 in) to infinity.
- Perfect entry-level telescope: The Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ is an easy-to-use and powerful telescope. The PowerSeeker series is designed to give the new telescope user the perfect combination of quality, value, features, and power
- Manual German equatorial mount: Navigate the sky with our Newtonian Reflector telescope. It features a German Equatorial mount with a slow-motion altitude rod for smooth and accurate pointing. Adjust rod to desired position, then easily secure by tightening cross knob
- Compact and portable: This telescope for adults and kids to be used together is compact, lightweight, and portable. Take the telescope to your favorite campsite or dark sky observing site, or simply the backyard. Optical Coatings: Aluminum
- Multiple accessories: The Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope comes with 2 eyepieces (20mm and 4mm), plus a 3x Barlow lens to triple the power of each. Users can also download BONUS Starry Night Astronomy Software Package
- Unbeatable and customer support: Buy with confidence from the telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a 2-year and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts
The sometimes unfavorable terrain on Mars presents a real danger for the rovers. Deep sand, steep climbs and rocky terrain all provide challenges. Curiosity was built with these threats in mind. With 6 independently powered wheels, the rover is designed to withstand a tilt of up to 45 degrees. However, not wanting to take unnecessary risks, the team at NASA programmed the rover to avoid tilting more than 30 degrees, through it’s hazard avoidance software,” said the video’s creator.