Reddit user IMOKRUOK took an old NES console, gutted it and then used the shell to make a functional Nintendo Switch dock. Aside from the original shell, all the other parts you see have been laser cut and finished with a router. This was accomplished by first making a vector file of the shapes required, before cutting them out in layers on a laser and then gluing them together. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
To finish things off, body filler was added with cyanoacrylate glue and then primer sanded smooth. Yes, the power button actually works as well. Can this be turned into a 2-in-1 game console and Switch dock? In theory, most certainly, but its creator says that all the NES games he wants to play can already be found on Switch Online, so there’s really no point.
- Handheld Nintendo Switch gaming at a great price
- For every member of your family, there’s a member of ours
- Optimized for personal, handheld play, the Nintendo Switch Lite is a small and light Nintendo Switch system
- Features a sleek, unibody design with fully integrated controls and a built-in +Control Pad
- Compatible with all physical and digital Nintendo Switch games that support Handheld mode