Available in stores on September 24th, the new Apple iPad Mini gets a larger 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display, the A15 Bionic chip, a USB-C port for faster connectivity, power button that doubles as Touch ID, along with cellular models that offer 5G connectivity. What is an all-screen design? It means narrow borders, all the while retaining the same compact footprint, complete with 500 nits of brightness, a P3 wide color gamut, anti-reflective screen coating, True Tone, and full lamination. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Other features include an updated Ultra Wide front camera with a new 12MP rear sensor and a much larger field of view, the Center Stage mode automatically pans the sensor to keep users in frame as they move around. When others people join in, the camera can also detect them and smoothly zoom out to have them join in the conversation. Colors include black, white, English lavender, dark cherry, and electric orange, all priced from $499 for the WiFi model or $649 for cellular.
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
With its ultra-portable design and wide range of uses from everyday tasks to creative and enterprise applications, there’s nothing else like iPad mini… the new iPad mini is a huge leap forward that can be held in the palm of your hand,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.