In addition to the rumored Nintendo Switch Pro that may be released this holiday, the console is rumored to be getting remastered 3D Mario games from the series’ past, along with an all-new role-playing game. That’s right, you’ll be able to enjoy modernized versions of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 3D World, and Super Mario Galaxy as part of the franchise’s 35th anniversary. Read more for a video and additional information.
Remastered games will include titles from four different consoles: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Wii, and the Wii U. One thing to note is that Super Mario 3D World is going to be a Deluxe Edition, complete with new levels. A new Paper Mario game is also in development. All of these will be announced after the pandemic cools, and as they reveal new information about their Universal theme park projects.
- Play a nearly limitless number of side scrolling Super Mario courses anytime, anywhere
- Start with the 100+ built in courses in the single player Story Mode, a new Mario adventure that unleashes the creative potential of Super Mario Maker 2
- Break the rules as you use a wide range of parts, tools, and customization options to create the side scrolling Super Mario courses of your dreams alone or together by passing a Joy Con controller to a partner
- With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, power up the fun, even further in Course World as part of the vibrant Super Mario Maker 2 community: share your courses, access a near endless supply made by others, enjoy online multiplayer, and more
- Free software updates to Super Mario Maker 2 have added new features like a World Maker mode, letting players create their own world map. Also added are Link from the Legend of Zelda series as a playable character, new cars parts, and more