With the price of Bitcoin continuing its meteoric rise, along with other cryptocurrencies, it’s no surprise that some people are looking for creative ways to mine these coins. This person decided to not fight the scalpers for graphics cards and use a classic Nintendo Game Boy for mining operations, or so it appears. In reality, the Game Boy is connected to a PC using a Raspberry Pi Pico computer, while a level shifter handles the different voltage levels. Read more for a video and additoinal information.
This modified Game Boy is running custom software off a flash cart that is using a SHA hash algorithm on incoming data from the PC before transmitting it back to communicate with the Bitcoin network. For those who are technically inclined, this video should contain all the information you need to get your own Game Boy mining setup operational.
- Raspberry Pi 4B complete desktop kit includes everything you need to get started with the Raspberry Pi ecosystem - Just add a monitor
- Creadit card size latest Raspberry Pi 4 B single board computer features 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU (4GB RAM), faster networking, more powerful performance than the earlier models
- 16GB Micro SD Card with Pre-loaded Raspberry Pi OS. Class 10 speed quickly loads your operating system and is great for storing data, having fun with coding, web browsing, gaming and more
- Ergonomic design USB Mouse and Keyboard set for comfortable use and complete desktop experiences. The USB Keyboards features a built in USB hub adding 3 additional USB 2.0 ports to your Raspberry Pi
- High-quality protective case, 15.3W US power supply, 2 micro HDMI cable and official beginner's guide. Easily build your robot brains, smart home hub, media centre, networked AI core, factory controller, and much more