Nintendo Labo basically consists of DIY kits that let you build things for the Switch, but there aren’t any that recreate the biking experience, that is unless…you’re talking about Mike Choi’s creation. Called the Labo Fit Adventure Kart, it’s a total-body exercise program that gets you in shape while playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. In other words, this creation allows you to control your kart by pedaling on the Bike-Con and steering, while shooting items with the Ring-Con. Read more for a video and additional information.
How does it work? Mike had to custom fabricate an item called the TAPBO, which is an optical sensor on the exercise bike that keeps track of how many times you pedal and that data is used to control how fast your character goes in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. This wasn’t a simple hack, as it took Mike around 6-months to complete, but thankfully, it worked out and will hopefully become an official accessory one day.
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9+ Hours of Battery Life *Will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless multiplayer
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)