Photo credit: Nissan Motor
The Nissan Z Proto made its global debut last September, and this past weekend, it made a rare appearance at Tokyo’s Morning Cruise event in Daikanyama T-Site. This sleek concept boasts a bright yellow pearlescent paint that pays tribute to both the first generation Z (S30) and the 300ZX (Z32) as well as teardrop-shaped LED headlights. The rear draws inspiration from the 300ZX (Z32) taillights, set within a rectangular black section that wraps around the outer edges. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Power comes from a twin-turbocharged 3.0L V6 engine generating 400 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 6-speed manual transmission. Inside, all the vitals can be viewed on the 12.3-inch digital meter display and is specifically arranged to help the driver grasp the information with a quick glance, while a new, deep dish steering wheel offers quick access to the controls without losing its vintage aesthetic. There’s currently no word yet on pricing or availability, but this is expected to be turned into a production model sooner than later.
- A rare chance to own an authentically detailed LEGO replica of the legendary Nissan GT-R NISMO!
- With a buildable Nissan GT-R NISMO and 1 collectible minifigure in a Nissan racing suit, this model car kit will captivate both kids and car fans, inspiring them to independent play and letting them stage races with friends
- The mini version of the Nissan GT-R NISMO can be built and displayed or used to race against other LEGO Speed Champions cars
- This 298-piece Nissan GT-R NISMO model car kit provides an exciting mission for boys and girls ages 8+ who love to create and play with toy racing cars. It will make a cherished gift at any time of year
- The Nissan GT-R NISMO measures 1” (5cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide: new for 2020, all LEGO Speed Champions cars are now 25% bigger to include even more details from the original versions!
The Z, as a pure sports car, represents the spirit of Nissan. It’s a key model in our Nissan NEXT transformation plan, and it’s proof of our ability to do what others don’t dare to do, from A to Z. As a Z fan myself, I’m excited to announce that the next Z is coming,” said Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida.