Photo credit: Reddit
Even though the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro won’t arrive in the hands of customers until October 23rd, the packaging has already leaked. Since the iPhone will no longer come with wired EarPods or a wall charger for sustainability reasons, the box is obviously a lot less bulky. However, each handset will come packaged with a USB-C to Lightning cable, which can either be plugged into a computer or adapter for charging. Read more for a video and additional information.
Apple executive Lisa Jackson announced that by not bundling these items is “like removing 450,000 cars from the road per year”. Some may not ever use the wall charger once Apple releases the fast charging MagSafe accessories. On a related note, if you’re still wondering what time the pre-order begins for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro, set your clock for 5:00 am PDT tomorrow morning (October 16).
- This phone is unlocked and compatible with any carrier of choice on GSM and CDMA networks (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular, Cricket, Metro, Tracfone, Mint Mobile, etc.).
- Tested for battery health and guaranteed to have a minimum battery capacity of 80%.
- Successfully passed a full diagnostic test which ensures like-new functionality and removal of any prior-user personal information.
- The device does not come with headphones or a SIM card. It does include a generic (Mfi certified) charger and charging cable.
- Inspected and guaranteed to have minimal cosmetic damage, which is not noticeable when the device is held at arm's length.