Battlefield 2042 Early Access begins on November 12th, and for those on a PC, ray-tracing is an exclusive feature that aims to improve your gaming experience. When using a GeForce RTX graphics card either on a desktop or laptop, Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion will accurately add shadows where game elements occlude light, whether it be a soldier and a wall or foliage and the ground. Read more for the official PC trailer and additional information.
To take full advantage of Ray-Traced Ambient Occlusion (RTAO), you’ll need a Microsoft DirectX Raytracing (DXR) capable graphics card or laptop GPU. However, it runs best on GeForce RTX GPUs, thanks to its dedicated RT Cores that accelerate ray tracing workloads. Battlefield 2042 will also make use of NVIDIA DLSS AI rendering technology from day one, complete with maxed out graphics, high frame rates, as well as uncompromising image quality.
- Escalate your game with up to 8 high-performance cores in the AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and 512GB NVMe SSD storage
- With NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti graphics behind you, you can enjoy the depth and visual fidelity of real-time ray-tracing – RTX Gaming, It's On
- The 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display on the Legion 5 gaming laptop delivers speed and color clarity for full-fidelity gaming
- Legion TrueStrike keyboard with 4-zone RGB backlight; 2 x 2W speakers with Nahimic Audio for Gamers
- Connectivity: Built-in 720p webcam with e-shutter, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, 4 USB, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.4, RJ45 Ethernet
Game controls feel good when they’re responsive; you press the button, the action occurs immediately. When they’re unresponsive, gameplay feels laggy, aiming is harder, and you’re more likely to lose battles. With NVIDIA Reflex, we can greatly reduce system latency, one of the main culprits behind unresponsive gameplay. In two dozen games Reflex reduces system latency, and when Battlefield 2042 launches you can enable it with just a few clicks on several generations of GeForce GPUs,” said NVIDIA.