Photo credit: Ben Geskin
Sure, the OnePlus 8 Pro has a 120 Hz fluid display, is 5G capable, 8GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset, but its coolest feature is a secret. It has a hidden Photochrom mode that can not only see through plastics, but also some fabrics. How does it work? Well, normal cameras have an infrared filter that blocks light outside the visible spectrum, but some allow a small amount in. Read more for a video showing how it works and additional information.
Simply put, OnePlus 8 Pro’s color filter camera is a specially coated 5MP sensor separate from the main, ultra-wide and telephoto cameras. This lens allows different types of light into the sensor, and when combined with the phone’s filter software, it shows an x-ray-like effect.
- 120 Hz Fluid Display – Watch your favorite shows and movies on a state-of-the-art 6.78" QHD+ display with brilliant color accuracy and a seamless 120 Hz refresh rate.
- 5G Capable – Experience faster upload and download speeds along with lower latency when connected to a 5G network.
- 48 MP Quad Camera - Frame every moment with a 48 MP main camera and 48 MP Ultra Wide Angle camera. Get closer with the 3X telephoto camera with up to 30x Digital Zoom, 5 MP Color Filter camera and 16 MP front camera.
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – Experience powerhouse performance with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865.
- High-Capacity 4510 mAh Battery – Speed up your charge with Warp Charge Wireless 30 for fast wireless charging and Warp Charge 30T technology when you need to plug in.
— Ben Geskin (@BenGeskin) May 13, 2020