When smartphone meets PDA, you get Planet Computers’ Astro Slide 5G. This transformer smartphone features a RockUp sliding hinge mechanism that enables the touchscreen to slide up, revealing a backlit QWERTY keyboard that turns it into a mini laptop of sorts. In this mode, the hinge tilts the brilliant 6.53″ (2,340 x 1080) display at the perfect angle for maximum productivity. Read more for two videos and additional information.
This Android 10 device is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1000 chipset with eight CPU cores / nine GPU cores / six APU cores, 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM, 128GB of internal storage, 48-megapixel rear camera, 5-megapixel front camera, microSD expansion, a 4,000 mAh Li-ion battery, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity, an eSIM slot, and a multi-boot option for Linux support. Plus, there’s a fingerprint reader for secure login, and NFC for contactless payments. Expect to shell out at least $545 when it hits stores in March 2021, or be a backer for their Indiegogo campaign. More information here.
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Samsung Galaxy 5G; Share more, game harder, experience more and never miss a beat
- Single Take AI: Capture video and multiple types of images with one tap of the shutter button; Lenses, effects and filters capture the best of every moment, every time
- Hires Camera Zoom: Capture hires images as if you’re 3 feet away, from 100 feet away; Whether you want to zoom in close from afar or magnify details nearby, the new 30x Space Zoom gives you impressive power and clarity
- Bright Night Mode: Capture crisp images and vibrant video in Bright Night mode and create high-quality content in low light no flash needed
- Super Fast Charging: Charge up quicker with Super Fast Charge so you can keep moving with more juice; Give your buds or Galaxy buds a boost of power with Wireless PowerShare right from Galaxy S20 5G
The Cosmo Communicator, and the Gemini PDA before it, gave people power to create and be productive anywhere with the pocketable keyboard. Astro Slide takes that one step further and gives users an original and innovative take on the modern smartphone, one which meets the needs of work, communications and entertainment without compromise,” said Planet’s CEO Dr. Janko Mrsic-Flogel.