Photo credit: Baber Afzal
Photographer Baber Afzal recently shot a series, titled “Reflections of Passion,” for Porsche Middle East, and it involved drones. That’s right, his team took a few Porsche Panamera vehicles to the desert and then used light-equipped drones to create some incredible shots to say the least. He wanted to create a sense of order in natural chaos, while reflecting the stunning lines of the Porsche Panamera as well. Read more for a video and additional information.
For those interested in creating similar shots, you don’t need a drone or a specific type of light, just simple flashlights will do. Two pieces of equipment are required: a tripod due to the long exposure times involved and a sshutter release cable or self-timer to minimize camera shake. Want some extra colors? Simply use gels can to color the light sources.
- 【PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE】: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. compact and convenient, this small drone is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favorite memories.
- 【OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION】: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer.
- 【POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】: with a max battery life of 31 minutes, dji mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
- 【4X ZOOM】: there’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition.
- 【QUICKSHOTS】: with just a few taps, dji mini 2 automatically records and shoots professional-level videos to share directly on social media. whether you’re a beginner or a more experienced flyer, the dji fly app helps you produce impressive results complete with soundtracks and filters.
The Panamera car itself inspired me for this concept. I wanted to express its beautiful contours and its shape at a grand scale using drone light painting and by mixing it with the night sky and to merge it with nature and the environment,” said Azfal to Car Scoops