One person, better known as “Equalo”, online was intrigued by the many experiments of getting DOOM to run on various objects, including a pregnancy test. So, he decided to attempt and see how many potatoes it would take to power a TI-84 Plus graphing calculator running a version of the game. Potatoes contain phosphoric acid, so when something made of zinc is placed on one side, a chemical reaction results and generates electricity. By placing a copper conductor on the other side of the potato, it generates the needed electricity. Read more to see just how many potatoes it took to get everything running.
A single potato outputs around .9 volts and 11 spuds cut in generates 3.7 volts, and you can only guess how many it took…770 to be exact. Equalo then wired them up in hopes this would actually work, and the rest is history. Let’s just say that walking into a garage with so many decomposing potatoes isn’t the most pleasant, so we don’t recommend trying this at home, despite it being relatively safe.
- High-resolution, full-color Backlit display
- Rechargeable battery
- Sleek design
- Resolution: 140 Dpi; 16-Bit Color
- BRING DOOM TO THE TABLETOP: DOOM The Board Game is a tactical combat game inspired by Bethesda’s blockbuster video game. Featuring two distinct player roles, the game brings the epic battle between elite marines and Hell's most threatening monsters to the tabletop. Descend into the hellish landscape of DOOM and join the epic struggle between demon and marine.
- ACTION-PACKED COMBAT GAME: The asymmetrical gameplay pits one invader player and their arsenal of bloodthirsty demons against one to four elite marines, each equipped with a customizable deck of intimidating weapons and hardy armor, numerous lives, and the ability to Glory Kill weakened enemies within range.
- STRATEGY BOARD GAME: Every mission presents you with a unique map, specific rules, various items for retrieval, and objectives for both invaders and marines. Whether you take on the role of the demonic invader or the continually respawning marines, you’ll have to carefully plan out every move and use your specialized abilities to achieve your given objective and prevent your opponent from completing theirs.
- HIGHLY VARIABLE: The fast-paced struggle to survive and adapt to ever-changing battle conditions replicates the heart-pounding experience of a video game. Experience the game from both invader and marine perspectives and customize player decks throughout missions to improve your marine. Randomized initiative makes for unpredictable and nerve-racking activation phases.
- NUMBER OF PLAYERS AND AVERAGE PLAYTIME: This thrilling tactical combat game is made for 2 to 5 players and is suitable for ages 14 and older. Average playtime is approximately 2 to 3 hours.