Mattel’s Power Glove will celebrate its 33th anniversary this year, and gamers are still finding new ways to use the controller accessory. One of them is YouTube channel ‘Will it Work?’ who attempts to connect it to the PlayStation 5, and although he was successful, there were just too many issues for extended gaming sessions.
What kind of modifications or hardware is needed to connect the Power Glove to a PS5? The most important peripheral is the Titan One NES to USB adapter, which is both a savior as well as its bane. You see the console has been programmed by Sony to authenticate connected controllers every 8-minutes, which means the Power Glove has to be reconnected ever so often. However, they did use it to play Astro’s Playroom and Returnal. This gesture-controlled R/C car would be perfect if paired with the Power Glove.
- Go all digital with Xbox Series S and enjoy next-gen performance in the smallest Xbox ever, at a great price. Bundle includes: Xbox Series S console, one Xbox Wireless Controller, a high-speed HDMI cable, power cable, and 2 AA batteries.
- Make the most of every gaming minute with Quick Resume, lightning-fast load times, and gameplay of up to 120 FPS—all powered by Xbox Velocity Architecture.*
- Enjoy digital games from four generations of Xbox, with hundreds of optimized titles that look and play better than ever.
- When you add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (membership sold separately) you get online multiplayer to play with friends and an instant library of 100plus high-quality games, including day one releases from Xbox Game Studios like Halo Infinite.*
- Hardware-accelerated ray tracing gives your games a heightened level of realism. Bring your games and movies to life with advanced 3D Spatial Sound, which produces rich, dynamic audio environments.