Photo credit: Yanko Design
The Razer Kishi has just been unveiled at CES 2020, and it’s essentially a universal mobile gaming controller for low latency gameplay on either Android or iOS devices. Building upon the ergonomic form factor of the Razer Junglecat, which primarily targeted Razer Phone 2 owners, the company’s new Kishi cloud-compatible controllers provide clickable analog controls and thumbsticks on both sides of the phone with a universal fit created in partnership with Gamevice for compatibility with most smartphones. Read more for a hands-on video, additional pictures and information.
Ultra-low latency native and cloud game control is now made possible through a hidden USB-C or Apple Lightning connection, while pass-through charging ports on the Kishi allow for device charging during game play. The Kishi for Android offers support for most Android or iOS games that are compatible with mobile controllers, including both native titles as well as cloud services. Expect to see this in stores during Q1 2020, with pricing not yet set.
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones, Based on dollar sales, Jan. 2017- June 2020 combined
- High-Precision 16,000 DPI Optical Sensor: Offers on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment through dedicated DPI buttons (reprogrammable) for gaming and creative work
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Includes 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 7 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse
- Ridged, Rubberized Scroll Wheel for Maximum Accuracy: Small, tactile bumps increases grip and allows for more controlled scrolling in high-stakes gaming situations
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 16.8 million colors
- Designed for Control: A softer, micro-textured cloth surface gives more tactile feedback, allowing for higher precision in fast-paced games
- Nonslip Rubber Base: Made of natural-foam rubber for keeping the Goliathus Chroma Extended mouse mat in place
Razer is excited to strengthen its collaboration with NVIDIA by joining their GeForce NOW Recommended program. GeForce NOW is PC gaming in the cloud, transforming underpowered or incompatible hardware into a powerful GeForce gaming PC. Razer mobile gaming controllers are perfect complementary devices to enhance this type of gameplay which we are pleased to feature here at the Razer CES booth,” said Jason Schwartz, Head of Mobile Gaming at Razer.