Remember Razer’s Project Hazel face mask that was unveiled at CES 2021? Well, the project has now officially been named Zephyr, and the company is now seeking beta testers to see what needs to be improved upon before the public release. Just to recap, it features a medical-grade N95 respirator, patented VoiceAmp Technology that uses a built-in microphone as well as an amplifier to enhance the user’s speech, and rechargeable disc-type ventilators that can be sanitized. Read more for a video and additional information.
Sanitizing the ventilators is as easy as placing them inside its dual-purpose wireless fast charging box with disinfecting UV-light interior, while special lighting indicators show exactly how much charge is left. For added breathability, the silicon-lined smart mask boasts active air cooling and regulation, which brings in fresh air while venting out CO2. Want to stand out a bit more? Simply activate the integrated Razer Chroma RGB lighting zones to have 16.8 million colors and various dynamic lighting effects at your disposal. More information here about the beta test.
- More synchronized audio visual response for mobile gaming: Provides a more immersive wireless experience for videos and games via a 60ms input latency
- Immersive, Full-Range Audio: Custom-tuned 13mm driver technology provides deeper bass and higher frequency detail for dynamic, superior audio clarity for gaming, music, videos, and conference calls
- Secure In-Ear Fit: Comes with silicone tips for comfort and added grip
- Water Resistant Design: IPX4 rated (certified splash resistance) for active lifestyles
- Hassle-Free Auto-Pairing: Lasts up to 15 hours on a full charge and connects automatically through Bluetooth 5.0
The road to the Razer Zepyhr began with a prototype of the most intelligent mask ever created—a design focusing on five key areas to ensure the highest degree of safety with the best quality of life enhancements,” said the company.