Photo credit: Dimitar Tilev
Auto enthusiast Dimitar Tilev decided to take remote-controlled drift cars to the next level by building one that’s powered by an Arduino microprocessor and four servo motors connected to an accelerometer. Combine those with several 3D-printed parts and you have an active suspension that leans just like a real car while drifting. Read more to see it in-action and for additional information.
If you’re wondering what kind of car this is, the shell is of a 1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Wagon. The active suspension works by raising and lowering each of the wheels to simulate the movements and weight of its real-life counterpart, thanks to the accelerometer. This means that the front-end dips just like you’d expect when you come to a hard stop.
- Large Size Remote& Super-Speed Control Car: The scale of the remote-control car currently in the market is about 1: 18 , in order to provide a more realistic racing car and better cross-country racing experience, we have increased the vehicle size to a 1: 14 scale with a better car styling and a vivid color design. With powerful built-in motors, the speed reaches up to 20-25 km/h, which makes the car race faster than others
- Non-jamming Performance: The remote-control car has a wireless control system which runs in a 2.4 Ghz Frequency. What it does is that it can offer a stable signal and it has an non-jamming function which allow multiple users play at the same time
- Convenient & Safe: USB charging line gives great convenience for charging the RC car. The USB charger for the battery has several functions such as overcharge protection and short circle protection, to a large extent this can help to avoid accident like battery catch on fire which increase the safety. In addition, two original battery packs allow you to experience a longer and uninterrupted gaming time
- Durable Material: This remote-control car main body is made of alloy material which ensuring it has a strong collision resistance and a strong shockproof body that won't break if it falls from high altitude. The front and rear of the body have strong crash-proof bumper to effectively protect the body and frame, whether it's speeding on a wide field, crashing or rolling over in a narrow terrain the body will not be damaged
- Brand new upgrade: We have made some improvements to the car since May 6, and now we have installed lights for it, making the appearance more cool, let ’s start the fun of racing together.
- 【Electric Remote Control Car Anti-Interference】: 1/28 scale small size, stable, It maneuvers in any direction in just seconds with its miniature, sleek remote which is made to fit both children’s et adults’ hands. Off-road rc vehicle features a 2.4GHz transmitter for smooth & no interference control.
- 【360 Degree Spins and Flips】: double sides running, forward, backward, turn left, turn right, 360 degree tumbling flipping. Give you the different experience. Active The car first, then the remote, so that they will in the same frequency. If not the indicator light blinks.
- 【Soft Material Protection】: Made with environmental ABS plastic, Non-toxic and tasteless. Stable, strong, styble and funny. This remote control car for boys or grils is a great companion.
- 【No Batteries Included- Non Rechargeable】: rc car needs 4*1.5V "AAA", the remote needs 2*1.5V "AA". This rc racing car NOT a rechargeable version, so NO rechargeable battery, No need USB charger neither. We suggest you buy rechargeable AAA Batteries before you play the rc toy car, it is more money-saving.
- 【BEST Gift To Offer】: The stunts car is a perfect toy for young kids as it can be benefit their continuing brain development. Best holiday gift for the coming Xmas or new year, also for kids birthday.