In the Halo universe, the Energy Sword is essentially a weapon that consists of a curved hilt that houses an energy storage module and a device for projecting the plasma, which forms the blade. Recreating this in real-life is not the easiest of tasks, but the team at Hacksmith Industries was up for the challenge. To start, they had to find the right nozzles and hoses to create the blade. Read more to see the entire build from start to finish and a bonus.
After the nozzles and hoses were selected, a fuel as well as oxygen manifold needed to be fabricated. In all, there are 2 input lines and 24 output lines to power all of the nozzles. A total of 140L of oxygen per minute is needed to run the Energy Sword, so they resorted to a tether, but the hardest task was yet to come…building the actual chassis to hold everything, along with a custom handle. Thankfully, a 3D printer was available and after some design work in Solidworks, the assembly went as smooth as possible.
- DART-FIRING HALO BLASTER REPLICA: This Bulldog SG blaster is inspired by its counterpart in Halo Infinite, capturing the look of the blaster from the next chapter in this legendary video game franchise
- GAME CARD WITH UNLOCK CODE: It includes a game card with a code to unlock a digital asset in the Halo game*
- PUMP-ACTION SLAM-FIRE BLASTING: Pump the handle to prime the blaster and press the trigger to fire 1 dart at a time from the rotating, 10-dart drum
- COMES WITH 10 DARTS: Includes 10 Official Nerf Elite foam darts to fully load the drum. Nerf darts are tested and approved for performance and quality
- SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING: Ships in simple, recyclable packaging that’s easy to open and frustration free