Amazon proposed The Climate Pledge just over a year ago, and it’s their commitment to be net zero carbon by 2040. The company announced that 10,000 custom electric delivery vehicles will be on the road delivering to customers worldwide as early as 2022 and all 100,000 by 2030, with some of them being from Rivian. These vehicles may have cutting edge sensor detection, a suite of highway and traffic assist technology, and a large windshield to enhance driver visibility, but they sound strange to say the least. Read more for a video of it on the road in Los Angeles.
Other features include exterior cameras around the vehicle that are linked to a digital display inside the cabin, providing the driver a 360-degree view outside the vehicle, Alexa integration for hands-free access to route information, a strengthened door on the driver’s side, and bright tail lights surrounding the rear of the vehicle to easily detect braking.
- Sturdy & Powerful: With the powerful dual motors of 400W, the Segway S-Plus can reach a max speed of 12.5 mph, travel up to 22 miles and accommodate a max load of 220 lbs after a single full charge. Ride your Segway S-Plus to enjoy the beautiful scenery
- Safety & Comfortable: Smart Battery Management System assures the battery safety and extends the battery life. Knee control bar allows for precise steering and easy lifting. The 11" pneumatic tires provide a comfortable and smoother ride on bumpy roads
- Remote Control & Auto-Follow Mode: Use the handle or the joystick on the multi-functional remote with intelligent chip to control the device. When you're not riding and need to have your hands free, turn on follow mode to have your S-Plus follow you
- Intelligent App Management: Download the Segway app for anti-theft function, speed limit and adjustment, vehicle self-diagnose, adjustable ambient lights, firmware upgrade, monitor battery status, vehicle remote control and more
- Quality Assurance: With premium technology, extended functionalities and sleek design, the Segway S-Plus is like having your own personal robot. One-year or 180-day warranty for different parts, please refer to warranty in product details below
When we set out to create our first customized electric delivery vehicle with Rivian, we knew that it needed to far surpass any other delivery vehicle. We wanted drivers to love using it and customers to feel excited when they saw it driving through their neighborhood and pulling up to their home. We combined Rivian’s technology with our delivery logistics knowledge, and the result is what you see here-the future of last mile delivery,” said Ross Rachey, Director of Amazon’s Global Fleet and Products.