Let’s face it, even professional basketball players miss shots, even in the most crucial of times, but what if there was a way for common folk to avoid this issue? Inventor Shane Wighton has just the creation. He came up with a robotic basketball hoop that makes use of complex mathematical algorithms to determine the perfect elliptic parabola shape for the backboard. Read more for a video and additional information.
There’s just one problem, this robotic hoop requires one to stand and shoot from a certain spot and exact distance from the backboard. This is mainly due to the depth-sensing Microsoft Kinect mounted above the backboard and hoop. It’s used to recognize and track the trajectory of the ball, as well as identifying multiple shooters. The impressive thing is that it takes just 600 milliseconds for the entire system to analyze all of the data and make adjustments in real-time.
- THE ULTIMATE BASKETBALL ARCADE GAME: From the pioneers that created the original Pop-A-Shot basketball game comes the completely redesigned Home Dual Shot with revolutionary technology and multiple game options.
- 16 INDIVIDUAL GAMES: Featuring 16 different games--the most of any arcade basketball game--and six audio options, the Home Dual Shot provides interactive game play for hours.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Made from sturdy 1 ½” steel tubes with a powder coating to eliminate rusting and chipping and a thick nylon ramp, the Home Dual Shot can withstand continual use for years. The frame and backboard are much thicker and sturdier than those of most other basketball arcade games. The new rims are stronger than ever before.
- INCREDIBLY ACCURATE: Using proprietary infrared sensors and revised placements, the Home Dual Shot scoring system is nearly 100% accurate. A large, three-digit scoreboard and audio jack to power external speakers enhance game play.
- MULTIPLE SIZE & MOBILITY OPTIONS: The height of the game can be configured for multiple settings and different-sized ceilings. The game is also powered by battery or AC adapters and has wheels, making transportation easy.