The Roland GPX-F1 Facet Grand Piano yet another interesting product to hit CES 2020, and many claim that it draws inspiration from the none other than the angular Tesla Cybertruck. However, the company says it’s based on the themes of design, connectivity and evolution, created by a team in Hamamatsu, Japan using Jong Chan Kim’s design, winner of their contest. Read more for a video and additional information.
As for the technology, it’s a minimalist grand piano consisting of a keyboard, an Android-powered smart screen, as well as a hollow cabinet with speakers rather than hammers and strings. You can compose and arrange using the Roland Zenbeats music creation app, while enjoying hands-free control with Amazon Alexa. The Facet also boasts an onboard video projector that beams images onto the piano’s top board in perfect synchronization with the music from the keys. Unfortunately, it’s just a concept product with no plans on putting it into production.
- This compact and lightweight, yet rugged and reliable keyboard lets you make music anywhere with battery power or the included AC adapter
- 400 Tones and 150 Rhythms deliver a huge variety of musical exploration
- Listen to your playing via the built-in speakers, or connect headphones for quiet playing
- Dance Music Mode lets you create and remix electronic dance music quickly and easily
- Select from different variations of drum beats, bass lines, and synth parts; add filter, flanger, gate, roll, low-fi, and other effects