You’ve probably seen more than enough soda geysers over the years, or to be more specific, the reaction between Diet Coke and Mentos mints that causes the beverage to spray out of its container. This happens because the candies catalyze the release of gas from the beverage, thus creating an eruption that pushes most of the liquid up and out of the bottle. What happens when you supersize this experiment? A group of Russian friends decided to find out. Read more for the video and additional information.
To attempt this experiment, vlogger Mamix claimed he spent roughly $9,100 USD as a custom pressurized vat needed to be constructed. However, rather than buy thousands of Mentos candies, he opted to use baking soda for the same effect. By converting dissolved carbon dioxide to gaseous carbon dioxide, rapidly expanding gas bubbles are formed in the soda, which pushes the beverage contents out of the giant vat.
- A Classic Coca-Cola Collectible: The Coca-Cola Vintage Chic 4-liter thermoelectric cooler/warmer mini fridge by Cooluli features the iconic signature logo—perfect for Coca Cola fans and collectors!
- Convenient & Lightweight: The Vintage Chic cooler/warmer mini fridge sports a modern profile that’s perfectly portable; measures: 7.25" W x 10.25" D x 10.75" H and weighs 4 lbs.
- Multiple Functions & Uses: Use anywhere to store food, drinks, snacks, breast milk, insulin, medications, as well as skincare and beauty products!
- Advanced Technology: The unique semiconductor operation is energy-efficient, ultra-quiet and 100% environmentally friendly
- AC + DC + USB: The Coca-Cola Vintage Chic 4-liter by Cooluli covers all your bases! AC and DC power cords are included for indoor or outdoor use, plus it comes with a USB cord for ultra-flexibility