Photo credit: Korea JoongAng Daily
Samsung’s latest Unpacked event took place on August 11, 2021, but new products are always under development, like this Flex In & Out concept, which was showcased at the Korea Display Exhibition (IMID 2021). Simply put, it’s a flexible display that can be folded twice into an “S” shape, perfect for a flagship smartphone. When fully unfolded, it could also be used as a secondary display for a laptop. Read more for a video from IMID 2021 and additional information.
How do flexible OLEDs work? Well, standard OLEDs are manufactured on a glass substrate, but by replacing that material with flexible plastic, such as polyethylene terephthalate (PET), the screens can be made both bendable as well as lightweight. Unfortunately, there’s no word yet on when or if Samsung will turn the Flex In & Out concept into an actual product.
- PRO-GRADE CAMERA: Zoom in close with 100X Space Zoom, and take photos and videos like a pro with our easy-to-use, multi-lens camera.
- SHARP 8K VIDEO: Capture your life’s best moments in head-turning, super-smooth, cinema quality 8K Video.
- MULTIPLE WAYS TO RECORD: Create share-ready videos and GIFs with multi-cam recording and automatic, professional-style effects.
- HIGHER RESOLUTION, 100X ZOOM: Get amazing clarity with a dual lens combo of 3X and 10X optical zoom and revolutionary 100X Space Zoom.
- ALL DAY INTELLIGENT BATTERY: Intuitively manages your cellphone’s usage, so you can go all day without charging.
Multi-foldable in our dreams has emerged eventually. A multi-foldable display that can both in-fold and out-fold! Easy to carry when the large screen is folded twice. The day we carry smartphones like a compact powder or wallet is coming soon!,” said Samsung Display.