At $455 USD, the Samsung Galaxy A42 5G is touted as the most affordable 5G smartphone yet, and it’s not a barebones device either. Featuring a 6.6 inch HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-U Display, an SM 7225 (Global) Dual 2.2GHz + Hexa 1.8GHz processor, 4GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage, a quad rear camera setup (48MP Main + 8MP Ultra-Wide + 5MP Macro + 5MP Depth), a 20MP front-facing selfie camera, microSD expansion, and a 5,000mAh battery with 15W Fast Charging. Read more for a video and additional information.
On the back, you’ll find a layered pattern that creates a modern, premium finish, while its ergonomic design and rounded edges makes it comfortable to hold as well as operate with one-hand. It will be available in three eye-catching colors – Prism Dot Black, Prism Dot White and Prism Dot Grey – when it hits stores on November 6th in the UK.
- Fast-Charging Battery: Long-lasting 4000mAh battery retains power throughout the day so you can keep streaming, snapping, sharing & gaming; If you’re short on time and juice, Fast Charging will have you back up and running in no time
- Quad Camera with 48MP Main Lens: Capture pro-level photos on your Samsung cellphone with the tap of a finger, from landscape shots and portraits to macro angles that reveal intricate textures and detail
- 6.5” Super AMOLED Infinity Display: Dive into edge-to-edge color with an expansive 6.5” Infinity-O Display featuring a Super AMOLED screen that brings cinematic clarity right to your fingertips
- Super Steady OIS/Mode: Take remarkably smooth video of fast-moving action in crisp, UHD quality; Its top-notch stability makes cell phone photos and videos look super smooth with minimal blur
- Expandable Memory: Save all that matters with 16GB of built-in mobile memory; If you need more, you can expand storage to 512GB with a microSD card (sold separately)
We’re excited to bring to market our latest 5G smartphone within the A Series line-up. The Galaxy A42 5G delivers premium features and innovation, powered ready for super-fast 5G network connectivity; it is part of our ongoing commitment to deliver next-generation connectivity to more people.” said James Kitto, Vice President of Sales, Samsung UK and Ireland.