It’s official, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip will be officially unveiled at the company’s Unpacked event on February 11th, and it was confirmed tonight during the Oscars when it was teased in a commercial. In addition to this foldable handset, we should also expect to see the entire Galaxy S20 lineup as well. In this spot, we see the handset resting on a table at a 90-degree angle for some video chatting. Read more to see the teaser.
Apparently, the Galaxy Z Flip won’t fold completely flat, and this is most likely due to the fact that it wears down the hinge much quicker, as proven with the new Motorola RAZR. Users of the latter have already been complaining about creaky hinges, despite it being able to fold completely flat. If you’re wondering what the fine print says at the end of the ad, it’s: “You may notice a small crease in the center of the main screen, which is a natural characteristic of the screen.”
- International Variant/US Compatible LTE
- Memory: 32GB 3GB RAM - microSD, up to 512GB - Dual-SIM
- Main Camera: Triple - 13 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide) + 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor w/ LED flash, panorama, HDR : Selfie Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) - Chipset: Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 - CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 -GPU: Adreno 506
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot - Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE - GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS - USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector