In the latest Nintendo Minute episode, we get to see an official unboxing of the special Nintendo Switch Animal Crossing: New Horizons edition console ahead of its release on March 13th. There’s one caveat for those picking up this system in North America, the game itself is not included, but in the UK, buyers will get a special download code for the title to be used at the Nintendo eShop. Read more for the unboxing video and additional information.
Unlike the standard Switch console, this one comes with pastel green / blue Joy-Con controllers that are white on the back, white wrist straps and a special white dock that is decorated with images of recognizable characters Tom Nook and Nooklings Timmy and Tommy.
- MSRP $299.99
- BREAKTHROUGH READ WRITE SPEEDS: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 3,500MB/s and 3,300MB/s, respectively; Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 600,000 IOPS Random Read
- The console is also decorated with images of recognizable characters: Tom Nook and Nooklings Timmy and Tommy
- Includes a Switch console, Switch dock, Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R), and two Joy-Con strap accessories
- Game not included
- Build your community from scratch on a deserted island brimming with possibility; Create your personal getaway and customize your character, home, decorations, and even the landscape itself
- This Nintendo Switch system takes design inspiration from the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons game with pastel green and blue Joy-Con controllers, white wrist straps, and a white Nintendo Switch Dock
- Watch as the time of day and seasons match real life—even your hemisphere. Each day holds potential for surprises and discoveries
- Get to know the island residents, garden, fish, decorate, hunt for fossils, and more
- Show off your paradise – play on the same system with a total of 4 people, or play together online or over local wireless for fun with up to 8 players
It can still be played in three modes: TV mode, played on a TV while the system is docked; Handheld mode, when the Joy-Con are attached for portable play; and Tabletop mode, perfect for on-the-go multiplayer gaming sessions.