In addition to the Galaxy S21 series, Samsung also unveiled a new function in One UI 3, the Object Eraser tool. Simply put, it lets you easily remove people from the background of just about any photo. After capturing the image, just tap on the people you want to remove, and then AI takes over to remove the objects. Think of this as Adobe Photoshop’s Content Aware Fill tool, but on a smartphone. Read more for a short video demonstration.
There’s no word on when this tool will be available to all Samsung Galaxy users running Android 11, but it comes standard on Galaxy S21 series smartphones. As for removing every person on a busy street, that has yet to be seen, but for simple tasks, the Object Eraser should perform brilliantly.
- Charge Up. Power Through: Spend more time scrolling, texting and sharing, and less time looking for an outlet to charge your mobile phone; Its long-lasting battery has the power to keep up with you
- A Lens for Your Favorite Angle: Capture shareable cell phone portraits, wide shots and videos with the Samsung Galaxy A21’s versatile, 16MP triple-lens camera
- Big Screen to Get More Done: Keep in touch with friends, family and the news with plenty of room on a crystal-clear, 6.5" edge-to-edge display screen
- Store More: Keep all your photos and apps on your Android smart phone without worrying about storage; Get up to 512GB of storage with a MicroSD card (sold separately)
- Wireless voice, data and messaging services compatible with most major U.S. GSM and CDMA networks; Support for certain features and services such as VoWiFi and hot spot, vary by wireless service provider