Photo credit: Tim Schofield
Samsung’s Odyssey Ark is the company’s largest curved gaming monitor yet, and it has a feature that sets the display apart from the rest. Featuring a 1000R curvature, it can easily be rotated 90° into a portrait orientation, yet retaining the same 16:9 aspect ratio as most standard monitors. A Multi View feature enables users to adjust Odyssey Ark exactly how they want, since the totally adaptable screen size can fit the game or the program without compromising its bright, colorful images. Read more for a video and additional information.
Aside from portrait mode, the stand also has height, pivot, tilt, and rotate functionality, or as Samsung describes it, a “cockpit-style rotating display”. A futuristic monitor most certainly comes with its own wireless remote control, one that can be used to control several on-screen functions, as well as the lighting features. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability.
- PANORAMIC IMMERSION: The Odyssey G35T Monitor’s 1500R curved display with futuristic design and ultrawide game view wraps around your vision to draw you right into the character's shoes and deliver more heart-pounding gaming
- UPGRADED GAMING PERFORMANCE: 5ms response time and 165Hz refresh rate eliminates lag and motion blur for exhilarating gameplay with ultra-smooth action
- AMD FREESYNC PREMIUM: Enjoy effortlessly smooth gameplay with AMD FreeSync Premium, which reduces screen tearing, stutter, and input latency
- FULL SCREEN DESIGN: The monitor’s 3-sided borderless design unveils maximum space for bigger, bolder gameplay; Line up two displays precisely in a dual monitor setup, so no enemies slip through the crack
- SEE THROUGH THE DARK: A whopping 3000:1 contrast ratio lets you see dangerous objects or enemies with greater clarity; Blacks are deeper and whites are brighter with more levels of shades in between