The Sony Alpha 1 has officially been unveiled, and it combines high-resolution and high-speed performance at a level never before seen in the world of digital cameras. Boasting a new 50.1-megapixel full-frame stacked Exmor RS image sensor, up to 120 AF/AE calculations per second, 8K 30p 10-bit 4:2:0 video and lots more. Further enhancing the shooting capabilities is its 9.44 million dot OLED Quad-XGA electronic viewfinder, with a refresh rate of up to 240 fps. Read more for two videos, including a hands-on, and additional information.
The A1’s 50.1-megapixel image sensor and a large buffer memory make it possible to shoot up to 155 full-frame compressed RAW images or 165 full-frame JPEG images at up to 30 frames per second with the electronic shutter while maintaining full AF and AE tracking performance. In addition to 8K video, it can also shoot 4K 120p / 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 and includes S-Cinetone color. Available March 2021, priced at $6,500 USD.
- Amazing quality in half the size & weight of conventional DSLRs, World's fastest auto focus6 at 0.06 seconds and 179 AF points, Shoot 11 frames per second so you never miss any of the action.
- Capture life in high resolution and in low light with 24MP APS-C sensor and 2 lenses provide the tools you'll need to start shooting immediately, Instant sharing via smartphone with Wi-Fi and NFC.
- What you see is what you get with built-in OLED viewfinder, Easy and intuitive controls help you shoot like a pro, Record Full HD 1080/24/60P video, Convenient features and intuitive controls help you shoot like a pro.
- Monitor Type: 7.5 cm (3.0-type) wide type TFT. Focus Type- Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF). AF Illuminator range-Approx. 0.3 – approx. 3.0 m (with E PZ 16-50 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached). Flash Range : 16 mm (focal length printed on the lens body)
- In the Box: AC adapter (AC-UB10), Eyepiece cup, Lens cap, Lens hood, Lens rear cap, Micro USB cable, Rechargeable battery pack (NP-FW50), SEL55210, SELP1650, Shoulder strap.
We are always listening to our customers, challenging the industry to bring new innovation to the market that goes far beyond their expectations. Alpha 1 breaks through all existing boundaries, setting a new bar for what creators can accomplish with a single camera. What excites us the most – more than the extensive product feature – is Alpha 1’s ability to capture that which has never been captured before. This camera unlocks a new world of creative possibilities, making the previously impossible now possible,” said Neal Manowitz, deputy president for Imaging Products and Solutions Americas at Sony Electronics.