Sony’s WH-1000XM4 Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones are touted as best in class, and you can get a pair for $278 shipped, this weekend only, originally $349.99. Utilizing two microphones built into each earcup, Dual Noise Sensor technology captures ambient noise and passes the data to the trusted HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1. Its new Bluetooth Audio System on Chip (SoC) senses music and noise at over 700 times per second. Product page. Read more for a hands-on video review and additional information.
- Industry-leading noise canceling with Dual Noise Sensor technology
- Next-level music with Edge-AI, co-developed with Sony Music Studios Tokyo
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (10 min charge for 5 hours of playback)
- Touch Sensor controls to pause play skip tracks, control volume, activate your voice assistant, and answer phone calls
- Speak-to-chat technology automatically reduces volume during conversations
Using a new algorithm, the WH-1000XM4’s HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1 applies noise canceling processing in real-time, thus giving the user to focus more on the music or entertainment they love and blur out the chaos of the outside world. Sony’s Edge-AI, DSEE Extreme more accurately rebuilds audio lost during digital compression for a full fidelity experience, while 360 Reality Audio can be enjoyed when combined with an free app that has participating streaming services installed.
Our industry-leading noise canceling has continued to wow the world, and this new model takes that incredible technology even further. Sony was the pioneer behind noise canceling technology back in 1995, and that 25 years of experience has helped us drive the industry forward and offer best-in-class audio products,” said Mike Fasulo, president and chief operating officer of Sony Electronics North America.